Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What you may not know about Rik Smits

After more than a year of blogging, I've reached some conclusions.

1) I enjoy it a lot. I've always felt a little out of sorts when I go a few days without writing. E-mails and instant messages (and now text messages--thanks, Motorola!) don't quite cut it, and furthermore expose me to far too many smilies. But with the blog, I can hammer out a few paragraphs here and there on whatever happens to interest me, from writing, to me, to my book, to me and my book, to subjects that have nothing to do with me. It's great. Keeps me out of trouble.

2) Someone in Saudi Arabia reads my blog. Or at least stops by after it came up on a Google search. Which leads me to...

Dunker, noted blog promoter.


3) Besides the obvious stuff like "Doyle," "Read Ink," "From the Depths" and "barbecue," the most popular search term that leads to my blog is... Rik Smits. Who knew that the Flying Dutchman would be such a traffic generator. If I ever meet him, he's getting a signed copy.

No comments: