Sunday, July 12, 2009

As I sit here watching "30 Rock"

I am once again confronted with some truly bizarre promos. When I first moved here, I noticed that "Air Force One" was being advertised as being part of "Romance Sundays." Keep in mind this is a movie about Harrison Ford cracking hijacker skulls. But it does have a scene at the end where he hugs his wife and daughter. So, awwwww, love. It's grand.

Just now I saw a medley of scenes from "Scrubs," "Ugly Betty," "Lost," "Desperate Housewives," "30 Rock" and, I think, "Die Hard" set to, naturally, "I Want It All," by Queen. It makes perfect sense.

YouTube is failing me here on that particular ad, but I did find one for Action Saturdays, or something.



You don't really get a sense of anything except that if you tune in on Saturdays, people will be blowing stuff up, shooting things and running across parked bicycles. All set to random music.

No comments: