Sunday, July 5, 2009

Q) When is a spokeswoman not a spokeswoman?

A) When she can't speak.

This is where I usually give the disclaimer about how I don't post often about politics--and I don't--but I think I can make a good case that this post is simply about being good at your job. If you are supposed to represent a national political figure, shouldn't you be able to string together a few coherent sentences?



Anderson Cooper: "I know nothing about sports."

And don't get me started on the tortured analogy about basketball. First of all, I take personally anything that impugns basketball. And second of all, it doesn't make a lick of sense: Palin is the... point guard... who is a leader... so she passes the ball, which allows her to... go to the hoop of "whatever she wants." Ooooookay.

1 comment:

Karl Smith said...

But what could be a truer representation of la Palin than failing to string together a coherent sentence?