Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Too much hot and the fine art of sarcasm

So I'm walking to work today and I'm thinking to myself, "Self, you are getting much sweatier than you did during this same trek yesterday--and you're not even wearing a tie today!" The logical conclusion is that it was hotter today than yesterday, and sure enough, yep, it's 105. I think it was only 1o2 yesterday.

Somehow it gets hotter at night. I know this because as I walked out of work yesterday, about 10 p.m., water started condensing... on my exposed skin. Again, the conclusion is that it was damn hot. Or that the air conditioning in the office is a little too effective in cooling me down.

Anyway, as I walk into the office today, I say hi to Nadr, the Emirati guy and fellow Saturday night basketballer at the reception desk. He asks me how I'm doing. I say, "Eh, you know... a little hot." He stops me with one empthatic finger and says, "No! It is very hot."

And of course, he's right.

No comments: